Ready, Set, Go! The race is on to prep your home for the winter!
With snow in the forecast many homeowners are doing what they can to prepare. The average person typically prepares themselves by gassing up the generator, making sure they have bottled water on hand, and of course buying up the essential groceries such as bread and milk. (Who are we kidding with this, we mean junk food and wine)
Like we as humans need food to survive, homes need people!
With that being said, if you do not want to deal with a hefty contractor’s bill you should do the following to prep your home.
- Check your homes heating/air systems
- Clean your gutters
- Have your chimney cleaned, make sure you have enough wood/propane
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Drain all outside faucets and disconnect water hoses
- Check for leaning trees that may fall onto structures and/or block roadway
- Make sure your roof is not leaking and the attic is sealed to prevent critter intrusion
To find more tips like these visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/01/use-this-checklist-prepare-your-home-winter/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5d282726f4d3